VSS 6.0d

Oct 6, 2009 at 2:30 PM

Hi,

Does this tool work when using VSS 6.0d and not VSS 2005?

Cheers,

-- Lee

Coordinator
Oct 6, 2009 at 6:37 PM

I've only tested using VSS 2005. Since this relies upon the VSS Interop assembly, there is a very good chance that it won't work with 6.0d (gbjbaanb can you confirm that??).

My understanding is that it's relatively easy to upgrade a 6.0d installation to 2005. If you can do that, you'd be able to use VSS2SVN - just make sure you install the patch that is mentioned at the project home page.

Oct 10, 2013 at 12:23 PM
I do not have VSS 2005. Can I get VSS2SVN migration utility for compatible to VSS 6.0
Developer
Nov 14, 2013 at 5:22 PM
I'm sure you can, there isn;t much difference between the two VSS versions. What happened when you tried it?
Jan 24 at 4:07 PM
Edited Jan 24 at 4:11 PM
I was able to get VSS2SVN to work with 6.0d. Really smooth once setup. If you want to run more than 1 copy at a time(ie big projects with long history), I'm thinking you just need to make a GUI temp folder at startup. I just had to: reference "Microsoft SourceSafe 6.0 Type Library"; comment out support for "_pinned_items_detected"; hard code comment for "versionItem.VSSVersion.Comment".

In Linux, add the 'pre-revprop-change' permission check file(always return true) to 'hooks' folder for each of the repos.
ie: sudo cp pre-revprop-change ../repos/(Repo Folder Name)/hooks

pre-revprop-change

#!/bin/sh
exit 0;

And it needs to be executable(overkill but works):
ie: chmod 777 pre-revprop-change

If you have a alot of repos to import build linux commands lists with excel