VSS2SVN Allows history But I see the Time is Different is it some configuration is missing or its a Issue

Aug 17, 2010 at 6:28 AM
Hi All, I have used VSS2SVN Successfully to migrate, I see that the History of the VSS (Specially the Time and that of the SVN are differing..Is this a Issue which needs fix (or Enhancement) or I am missing something as i am able to see the Date its fine but when it comes to Time there is difference ...Do let me know if any one knows the issue ...... For Example :Consider a File1-> 2/20/08 5:25p in VSS. File1-> 1:25:36 PM, Wednesday, February 20, 2008 in SVN. (Diff in Time.The Date,Author properties are fine) Do let me know if i am doing some wrong here.Any Information on this is welcome ..... Thanks and Regards, Monty.
Coordinator
Aug 17, 2010 at 6:41 AM

We haven't thought of that...let me check and post back.

Aug 17, 2010 at 6:57 AM
Thanks waiting for your reply...
Coordinator
Aug 17, 2010 at 7:15 AM

I see the difference in my system as well...but for me the difference is the time between GMT +00 and my time zone.

I can't really say that I know where does this discrepancy comes from. Can you work around it?

Aug 17, 2010 at 8:13 AM
No I haven't,will keep posted if there is any work around need to check .........
Aug 17, 2010 at 8:39 AM
Yes, For me its 4 hours Behind in the sense , GMT +05 is being specified,in the Time Zone. File1 -> 2/20/08 5:25p in VSS File1 -> 1:25:36 PM, in SVN So there is consistently 4 Hours Difference. http://24timezones.com/world_directory/time_in_harrisburg.php May be if i set to GMT +00 I may get the proper Timings .......
Coordinator
Aug 17, 2010 at 9:22 AM

That was my thinking as well. I know it's an annoyance and it might be easily patchable (get the # of hours of GMT difference in the local host). However, any patch would be ill-advised unless we knew for sure how the VSS API reports file properties and to be honest the VSS API isn't that well documented.